Mechanical CAD Design Engineer - LED Products
Based in Anaheim, CA EmazingLights and iHeartRaves are the leading global providers of Electronic Dance Music (EDM) specific apparel, light products, glow goods and accessories. With online sales throughout the US and internationally, including Amazon, eBay and other channels, EmazingLights, iHeartRaves and Into The Am are growing tremendously.
We are looking for a skilled creative mechanical engineer. Someone that will enjoy using their skills to build and prototype LED light up products such as Gloving micro lights, Hula hoops, Poi and other light up products into mass production.
You will work on the entire product development lifecycle including: analysis, design, prototyping, and final production.
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
- Join the #189 fastest growing private company according to Inc. Magazine 500
- Enjoy autonomy/flexibility as a key decision maker for the future of EmazingLights product line
- Become an integral part of a core team and grow with us!
- Great culture. An environment where everyone is driven to make the company and themselves succeed, we love the energy around here!
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work as an integral part of the Engineering team to develop market leading LED products
- Generate, review, and approve detail drawings and 3D CAD models for production
- Control product costs and design-in cost efficiency (design for manufacturability)
- Materials sourcing domestically and support for our overseas manufactures
- Perform project management duties, such as scheduling, planning tooling development and working with internal and external suppliers
- Attend phone meetings with international suppliers during hours that may fall outside a normal workday (generally in early evening, but possibly at other times as well) (China hours)
- Participate in formal design reviews for specifications, schematics, layouts, and firmware
What You Need For this Position:
- Bilingual in Chinese (Mandarin) & English. Written and verbal
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- Minimum of 3+ yrs experience in CAD design
- Excellent conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving ability
- Experience with Design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA)
- Excellent computer skills - CAD (Solidworks), word processing, and spreadsheets
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively interface within a cross-functional team environment
- Experienced in modern manufacturing principles and techniques
- Working knowledge of conventional and CNC machining processes
- Working knowledge 3D printers for prototyping. We currently use Makerbot
What’s In It for You:
- 60k-80k depending on experience
- Health + dental benefits + 401k matching + large product discounts + and other cool perks
- Lots of growth potential
- Other bonuses available
Steps to Apply:
- Submit your resume
- Cover letter: Tell us about your experience with EDM and why you would be a great fit for creating future EmazingLights products