Community Management Intern
EmazingLights is the international leader in premium light show products, selling glove sets, light sticks, poi, and orbits. We pioneer the art of gloving into a legitimate art form and competition. Only light show products that are sound and personally used by the team are featured in the company’s inventory. EmazingLights is passionate about ushering in the future of gloving, actively promoting this art form by organizing gloving competitions, workshops and showcase events.
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
- We're featured as one of the best companies ever on Shark Tank (March 2015 - Deal with Mark Cuban & Daymond John)
- Join the #189 fastest growing private company according to Inc. Magazine 5000
- Featured on: Rolling Stone, Yahoo Finance, Inc. Magazine, Business Insider, CNBC, MTV, ABC's—Shark Tank, LA Weekly, MSN, and more.
- Enjoy the autonomy/flexibility to be creative in a highly driven environment.
- Become an integral part of a core internal team with lots of room for advancement.
- Great culture. Our headquarters is an environment where everyone is driven to make the company and themselves successful. We love our EDM and we love the energy around here!
As the EmazingGroup grows, it has become more important to define our core values from which we develop our culture, our brand, and our business strategies. Here is a link to our 7 Core Values that we use daily.
About the Position:
We are seeking a Community Management intern with an interest in Event Coordination, Networking, and Marketing Strategy. Our ideal candidate is full of creative ideas and eager to contribute on a large scale. The intern will gain visibility into the inner workings and aspects of the Community Management and Event Coordination field. Candidates must be able to provide concrete deliverables and learn from top to bottom. When the internship is completed you will be ready to enter any fast paced community management position.
This is an unpaid internship position, and you may count it for school credit if needed. This position could also last longer or lead to full-time employment. The right candidate will have some experience with all items listed below and must have the ability to work on a PC Platform.
- Assist Community Managers w/ managing programs like Sponsorship & the Global Gloving Network.
- Provide assistance in tracking metrics & analytics for the programs mentioned above.
- Help w/ outreach with current & potential GGN Leaders globally.
- Help build out our Gloving Learning Tutorial Database
- Coordinate events w/ affiliates globally.
- Create & execute marketing campaigns to strengthen efforts for Gloving.
- Analyze current systems & refine them in accordance w/ long term goals & ideas.
- Create technical writing materials for use in manuals & instructions
- Research, identify, and establish working relationships w/ Flow Artists & Entertainers/Artists
- Establish connections w/ business owners for collaborative projects.
- Research other industries & their communities
- 20 hours per week minimum at our Headquarters in Anaheim, CA
- Strong desire to learn, along with professional drive
- Great corresponder & timely communicator with a large amount of people
- Must have sense of humor / creative writing skills
- Solid understanding of most popular social networks & how to utilize them
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passion for the music or flow arts industry (Flow Arts preferred)
- Exceptional sense of urgency & ability to work quickly/efficiently
- Understanding & efficiency w/ Google applications (e.g., Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Deep familiarity w/ gloving
- Light show skills
- Experience organizing and managing large groups
- Video Editing & Content Creation for Social Media
What's in it for you:
- Internship Credit - The opportunity to work with and learn from the leading lifestyle brand team in the festival market!
- Exceptional experience & opportunity working w/ the most integral points of the Flow Arts industry
- An introduction to an office culture & job experience unlike anything you will likely find elsewhere
Steps to Apply:
Send the following documents to Alex@Emazinglights.com. Any application without all parts will be rejected.
- Resume (Word, PDF)
- Cover Letter - Please describe your experience with EDM/Gloving, and what it means to you.