Buying Intern for iHeartRaves
Based in Anaheim, CA, we are the world's largest network of multi-channel web and physical retailers catering to the electronic dance music scene/culture. Mainstream exposure to EDM has created a turning point in our lifestyle niche and the underground art forms revolving around the culture are in higher demand than ever.
We consider ourselves a driving force in this as we actively participate in the growth of the overall innovation within the domain and we are seeking passionate individuals with an interest in EDM music to help take our company to the next level.
Due to our continued growth we are looking for a talented Buying Intern that can grow with us as we continue to expand iHeartRaves into the EDM / Rave market.
Top Reasons to Work with Us:
- Featured as one of the best companies ever on Shark Tank (March 2015 - Deal with Mark Cuban & Daymond John)
- Join the #189 fastest growing private company according to Inc. Magazine 5000
- Featured on: Rolling Stone, Yahoo Finance, Inc Magazine, Business Insider, CNBC, MTV, ABC's Shark Tank, LA Weekly MSN, and more
- Enjoy the autonomy/flexibility to be creative
- Become an integral part of a core internal team with lots of room for advancement
- Great culture. An environment where everyone is driven to make the company and themselves succeed. We love our EDM music and we love the energy around here!
About the Position: iHeartRaves Buying Intern
We are looking for a passionate student with a passion for rave fashion and an interest in learning more about buying and merchandising. If you're looking for a fast-paced working environment where you will be exposed to many different types of projects, this internship is for you. This position offers the opportunity to work with the buying team + vendors to bring in the latest rave fashion styles + help create new lines for iHR.
In this position, you will work with a closely knit team of rave fashion enthusiasts who have a passion for festivals. You will be the trendsetter for rave fashion and have an opportunity to be a part of a passionate movement in youth culture.
You will have the opportunity to be involved with iHeartRaves' new product lines, running reports, communicating with important vendors and working in the back end to put up new products online.
This is an unpaid internship position, but could potentially last longer. You must have the ability to work on a PC Platform.
What You Need For this Position:
- Passion for EDM, rave fashion and the rave community
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational, analytical skills, keen eye for details
- Good computer skills- especially in excel
- Multi-task oriented/detailed
- High sense of urgency/initiative
- Excellent organizational skills/ability to prioritize
- Type at least 40 WPM
- At least 3 days in office and 20 hours/week minimum
Nice to Haves:
- Excel experience
What's In It for You:
- Internship Credit - The opportunity to work with and learn from the leading lifestyle buying team in the festival market!
To get an interview:
Email the following information to Employment@EmazingLights.com
- Resume(Word, PDF)
- A cover letter - Please tell us about your experience with EDM and what it means to you