Consider this your insider's guide to attending IGC. Here’s what you need to know.
1. It’s going to be PACKED
If you thought last year was crowded, you were wrong. Ticket sales are showing that The Yost will be at capacity.
For the sake of you and everyone around you – wear light, comfortable clothes and WEAR DEODORANT.
There will be a limited number of spectator tickets available at the door. If you don’t already have a ticket, show up early (9 a.m. at the earliest). There is a good chance the event will be sold out by the time you arrive.
2. The competition is full, and the waiting list is long.
If you are trying to get into the Open Tournament, you must already have a spectator ticket in hand or at will call.
It is now officially too late to buy your homie’s competitor ticket. If he or she can’t show up for their spot, it will be forfeited to the wait list.
3. There are no ins-and-outs.
However, there is food, drinks, alcohol (must show ID), restrooms, A/C, and smoking patios (no smoking or vaping indoors).
4. There is plenty of parking.
Sometimes the City of Santa Ana charges for it, sometimes they don’t. We’ll see. Either way, it shouldn’t cost more than $12 for the day.
5. Gloves are allowed. Duh! But other stuff isn’t. Here’s what you need to know.
- Anything illegal
- Drugs or paraphernalia
- Laser pointers or airhorns
- Backpacks (single compartment drawstring bags OK)
- Outside food or beverage
- Pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, any other weapons
- Professional photo, video or audio recording equipment. No detachable lenses. GoPros are cool.
We good, fam.
Sorry for the seriousness. This IGC is going to be so much more epic than ever before. Seriously, just go look at the schedule and tell me with a straight face that it’s not.
TL;DR, come prepared for a very crowded venue, and let the staff and security do their jobs so that everyone can have an awesome time.
Now stop thinking about how boring this post is and go get hyped.
World's first gloving journalist. Give me a light show and I'll make you famous :P